Delegates attending the 101st annual meeting of the Michigan Milk Producers Association on March 23 elected Mark Iciek of Gladwin and Kris Wardin of St. Johns to at-large, three-year terms on the board of directors.
During the board’s reorganizational meeting, held after the delegate meeting, the following officers were elected: President Ken Nobis, St. Johns; Vice President Mark Halbert, Battle Creek; and Treasurer Eric Frahm, Frankenmuth.
Board members re-elected at the district level were Timothy Hood, District 2; David Pyle, District 3; and Anthony Jandernoa, District 6.
Delegates at the district level also elected representatives to the MMPA advisory committee. Members of this committee — five in each of the eight districts — serve as a liaison between the membership and the board of directors and management.
Each leader on the advisory committee and board of directors is a dairy farmer and member-owner of the MMPA cooperative, which serves about 2,000 dairy farmers in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Advisory committee members elected this year to a two-year term are:
• District 1 — Brad Hart of Clayton, Josh Lott of Mason and Art Riske of Hanover
• District 2 — Danny Ransler of Gobles, Dan Ritter of Potterville and Richard Thomas of Middlebury, Ind.
• District 3 — William Stakenas of Free Soil, Burke Larson of Scottville and Gary Nelson of Grant
• District 4 — David Folkersma of Rudyard, Russell Tolan of Ossineke and Ronald Lucas of Posen
• District 5 — Tom Jeppesen of Stanton, Bruce Benthem of McBain and Amy Martin of Leroy
• District 6 — Aaron Gasper of Lowell, Steve Thelen of Fowler and Brad Ritter of Byron
• District 7 — Scott Kleinhardt of Clare, Jason Elenbaum of Mayville and Philip Gross of Weldman
• District 8 — Michael Noll of Croswell, Michael Bender of Croswell and Nick Leipprandt of Pigeon